I have been watching less and less TV over the years as the content I stumble upon during the free hours are just not captivating enough. However, good TVB dramas can still get me hooked for embarrassing long hours, and yesterday something else had me sitting in front of the TV for 5 hours! Each time I wanna move away and go home, the trailers will pique enough interest to have me stay for another hour haha. It was a marathon run of Season 5's Project Runway and its quite an experience to finish almost half a season within a single session!!
I love looking at good design and I enjoy watching the creative process and noting what professionals pick out to comment on. Throw in a mix of interesting personalities and there you go, good TV:) The winner, Leanne did not stand out when I first started watching at 5pm, but she really impressed me at the last lap. They had to compete for the top 3 spots to showcase their own collection at New York Fashion Week and the deciding factor was a wedding dress and bridesmaid's dress which represented their collection. Hers was just WOW. As the model moved down the runway, the waves on the dress bounced so prettily and the top portion's design was so simple and elegant. Here she is below on the left, with another of her own collection's design. These 3 were my favourites and all had such pretty waves and colours! Structured almost architecturish; they still embodied a clean simple and unique feminine look. Plus, they look so wearable.


Kenley was a designer who does the retro feminine/cute look well, but she had such a bad attitude problem. If she knew how to listen more and not get overly defensive, she does have the potential to become a pretty good designer as well. I really like her wedding dress too, which had a very nice feathery top portion and in one of the judge's words, it was a wedding that you would want to go to because it seemed like it would be fun (though they also noted that it was very similar to a McQueen design). And her bridesmaid's dress!! Absolutely cute.


Ahh, watching the show makes me wanna run out there and buy pretty clothes. Haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment