Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grace & Moment

I cannot really remember how I came to The Sartorialist's blog. I only remembered how I spent quite a fair bit of time engrossed in his pictures, page after page. It is without doubt that he has a keen sense of fashion; and by that I do not mean the fashion espoused in typical magazines or runways. Rather, his keen sense of details and flair picks up interesting subjects who typically amplifies both personal style as well as character. His photography is mildly hypnotising as it draws me in and makes me feel like either admiring it as a portrait or feel like the person is standing and staring straight at me.

Looking at the site always makes me feel like dressing better the next day. And it makes me want to take better composed pictures. And it makes me want to express myself better. And it makes me want to increase sensitivity and perceptivity. And it makes me feel impressed by the beauty of it all.

It isn't so much about the fashion itself. But rather, of feeling engaged with a person who obviously has a lot of love for life, for beauty, and for fellow human beings.

As Garance Dore, another of my favoured blogger said, "He knows how to recognize a detail, the little thing that makes magic. The complexity of an adolescent, the vulnerability of a man, the strength of a child. The fragility in the determined stride of a woman."

The pictures are a good mix of grace and moment indeed. Can't wait to see his book! Hope it hits the stores here soon.

No comments: