Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lines and Textures

Places stumbled upon inevitably has an added allure and I like being able to walk around, observe and just take in details (and with people who enjoy the same). For Crowne, I soooo loved its attention to details and the generous use of different lines and textures. I probably touched every single different texture that was there. I imagined that if I was working in a place like this, I probably can't possibly ever get moody!



Very nice use of synthetic leather and brilliant use of such panels. So piano-ish.



Love the tiles (n discovered they laid them out according to its thickness but in random colour pairing) and the wall panels which gives me some old school 1980ish feel, but yet looking so modern at same time. Just-right dose of southeast asian flavour too.



The carpet looked so inviting and if the kid I saw at Lasalle rolling on its manicured grass was here, I am quite sure he would be rolling on this too coz it looked that good.



The ballroom design impressed me. I like how the setting is like being in a forest (roof panels had imprints of tree canopies) and I really liked its walls! Plus they were textured too. Great use of clean simple lines and mirrors.


Even the toilets were well designed with nice clean lines. Soft light wood when used inappropriately can still appear too cold, but this looked pretty inviting and warm. Plus they had chairs for girls to sit if they so wish!


2 comments:

. said...

wow!!! very nice indeed and it's really quite tastefully decorated. the carpet looked a bit retro to me though :P is this newly renovated? why is it that you can take these pictures or did you get them from somewhere?

-ww

said...

Yup the hotel is new and opened only last year. The facade is pretty interesting too. You can probably see it when you come back in Aug!

I took the pictures when I was there and the staff were kinda nonchalant about it so I just happily snapped away:)