Monday, August 17, 2009

Up


I haven't cried so much in a movie for some time and though I kinda anticipated that I would be moved and shedding some tears here and there but as I sat there in the theatre, the tears just kept rolling which was mildly embarrassing as no one else seemed to be reaching for the tissues. I really really like this movie - Up. I think its gotta be my fav animation film for now:)

The starting whimsical short clip about the cloudy gods and storks was so cute and heartwarming while being funny at the same time. It has love and affection of a different kind and there is love, no matter what.

I really really love the short opening story about Carl & Ellie. The simple story telling was elegant and I just felt squeezes in my heart as I watched their story unfold. Its so lovely to have someone loving to do the little little things together and to dream and grow old together... Love should be like this. Pure and simple; uncomplicated enjoyment of each other's love and company. I feel lucky that I have found someone who gives me the same kind of inspiration and feeling. Someone who I would still want to reach out to hold hands with when I grow old:)

The sweetness intensified the sadness and loneliness of Carl after, and I felt so sorry for him. Its rather scary to have one leave before the other. And its really pretty cool that Pixar decided to use this as a backdrop and to have a grumpy old man as its central hero. After reading the production notes, I really feel like re-watching the movie coz there was so much thought into so many little details! I love the music, I love the balloons, I love the house, I love the characters, I love the humour, I love the love, I love the tears, I love the story, I love the concept, I love the idea, I love the balloons (again).

And now, let's let the adventure begin...

No comments: