Wednesdays are good.
The middle of a typical work week - it is just about time to pause to feel guilt over wasting Monday and Tuesday or to feel relaxed about the coming Thursday and Friday.
Yesterday I came across a book called "The Wednesday Letters" at Kino. The story is about 3 children who discovered boxes and boxes full of love letters that their father wrote to their mother on every single Wednesday when they came to arrange the funeral. What a sweet and romantic idea to keep writing to your partner till as the vow said, till death do us part. What kind of conversations would you be initiating at Year 1, Year 10, Year 50? Will you find the hand you hold today, still as hold-able then? I sure hope so! :)
And, back to Wednesday.
I have finished most of the work I need to submit by end of the week. There are other stuff that I need to digest and work on, but I still have time. Which leads to one of the two biggest reasons why I really do love my job... It gives me time to be distracted if I so choose to be, to roam and stumble into other worlds, to mill around when I absolutely have no mood to do proper work. While at the end of it all, still having the time to discharge my duties properly. I am so thankful!
In 2 weeks, it would be my 5th year (1+4) with Kep Group. At the beginning, I honestly never thought I would stick around this long. But right now, it looks like I actually probably still have some more mileage to run here. Is this what I want to be doing for the rest of my life? Sometimes, I think - yea why not? And on other nights like this, i think - Really?
I am turning 28 in 6 weeks or so. Still young in the grand scheme of life, but at the same time kinda old in other senses. But if I already feel old now, what will be left for me to look forward to at 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, even 90? That's another 6 decades which is double of what I have lived to date. So, I (try) stopped thinking I am old haha. And to me, life is still short and one still needs to carpe diem. Coz life is too unpredictable and we never know when we just have a single shot to try something. Or when a moment or feeling will pass and never return.
And so despite my work schedule, I end up still running pretty short of time to attend to all the people I want to be in touch with, and to do all the things I wish to do, and to stay curious and delve deeper into the areas I am interested in learning.
Today, I thought at one point of another, in no particular order, to do the following:
-Read the photography book J lent me
-Practice keyboard
-Listen to soul music (because I am interested in what Khalil Fong listens to and I think the way they sing is really good)
-Listen to soul music (because I am interested in what Khalil Fong listens to and I think the way they sing is really good)
-Continue watching Boys b4 Flowers
-Start blogging again (at least 1 checked box!)
-Read updates on my long list of blogs that I track
-Do my laundry
I was reading Bodie & Fou http://bodieandfou.blogspot.com/ which partially inspired me to finally get around to blogging again (I have been meaning to, but it stayed on my to-do list for really long!) because it is one of the design-oriented blogs I track and when I see beautiful or well-designed things from this blog and others, it just makes me feel happy and motivated to look forward to a splendid life. And they tend to invoke certain thoughts of the present and future. And I hope to share those finds and musings with you all, and also to keep a memory log for myself as I know I can't trust my brain to archive them properly.
So here I am, back blogging, and here is a nice paper cut map of Paris to share. Its a city I would love to visit and I think the person who cut this is brilliant.

P.S. I find typing in Times New Roman somehow always make me type with a more serious tone. Can the font really affect one's mood?
P.S.S. I decided to change my fonts to Verdana coz it looks nicer!
1 comment:
looking forward to more blog posts from you dear!!!
-ww
Post a Comment